If you used the Atomic Wallet app to store your Kin, then most likely this was Stellar-based Kin. When the Kin token migrated to the Solana Blockchain in late 2020, all stellar based Kin automatically migrated.
Steps to access your Kin on Atomic Wallet
- Open the Atomic Wallet app.
- Go to Settings → Private Keys, then look for the ‘Kin’ Private Key. If it isn’t available, then look for the ‘Stellar’ Private Key.
- Copy this Private Key.
- Go to mykinwallet.org and choose paper wallet.
- Use your Private Key to access your Kin Wallet.
- Create a new Solana wallet using an app such as the Phantom Wallet.
- Send your Kin accessed on mykinwallet.org to the new Solana Address you created on Phantom Wallet. Please do a small test transaction first to ensure the transaction is working as intended.
To be safe make sure your PC is clean, before typing in your private key. An extra virus and malware scan is recommended.
Please refer to this support article from Atomic Wallet for further guidance: https://support.atomicwallet.io/article/171-im-experiencing-some-issues-with-my-kin
Kin is the dynamic human ecosystem on the blockchain—and you are a part of it 👋 . Thank you for being a part of building our community, let's work together to bring more friends into the world of Kin. Learn more about the Kin Community.